RGCS confirms that it takes your privacy seriously and will only provide your personal information to the extent permitted under this policy.
RGCS recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors and subscribers to this site and, in particular, information that is capable of identifying an individual (all of such information being “personal information”).
For convenience, any further references to the word “Service” shall include a reference to both visitors to this site who use this site for informational purposes only and to users (including their authorised nominees, delegates, officers, agents and employees) who have subscribed to the eLearning Platform offered by RGCS or otherwise engaged RGCS to provide goods or services by RGCS via this site or any other means.
1. Information We Collect
For the purpose of providing the Service to you, RGCS collects a range of information, including:
- name, email address, physical address and any other information you provide when subscribing to the Service;
- other data relating to users of the Service that is necessary or assists us in providing the Service;
- information regarding the businesses operated by users of the Service;
- any information disclosed by users of the Service in providing feedback or otherwise communicating with RGCS via any medium;
- information related to the payment of fees charged by RGCS for the provision of the Service, including credit card or banking details;
- geo-location or any other location information of any users of the Service (including the IP addresses of users of the Service); and
- other personal information provided by users in the course of using the Service.
To the extent that we collect information about you that is not “personal information”, such as data relating to your activity on our site (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever (such as to administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services). Please note that RGCS’s servers may automatically log information created by your use of the Service. Such information may include your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited and search items.
Please note that if you do not provide RGCS with certain personal information which is required in order for RGCS to provide the Service to you (and provide you with an Account, as defined in the Subscriber Terms and Conditions, if relevant), it may affect your ability to use the Service.
2. Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
RGCS uses your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and for related purposes, including:
- to provide the Service, to manage registered subscriptions to the Service and to improve the Service;
- to provide you with information, if you tell us you want to receive it, about new updates or developments in the Service (including new Modules (as defined in the Subscriber Terms and Conditions) or other products available on the learning Platform), events and workshop hosted by RGCS or other products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to facilitate internal business operations, including to fulfil legal and accounting requirements;
- to create, improve or edit content on this site;
- for billing related matters;
- to assist in any marketing and advertising related to RGCS’s business, including by providing or sharing your personal information with entities connected with marketing and advertising RGCS’s business;
- to investigate complaints;
- to monitor use of this site;
- to provide support to users;
- on a confidential basis to provide information to external service providers so that they can provide financial, administrative, IT or other services in connection with the operation of the Service or any other business of RGCS;
- to share with RGCS’s affiliates, agents and representatives for any of such purposes; and
By providing RGCS with your personal information, you consent to allow RGCS to contact you via any email address and/or mobile telephone number you have provided, and you consent to allowing RGCS to send any notices, including notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail, to you using your email address and/or mobile telephone number. Other notices RGCS may send to you include notifications from other third parties that use the Service, updates about changes and features of the Service, and important information that may impact your use of the Service. These communications are considered directly related to your use of the Service, and may contain advertisements, promotional or marketing material.
RGCS notes that in the event it wishes to sell its business, including the Service or any part thereof, it may transfer all personal information that it collects to the purchaser of the business as a ‘business asset’. RGCS may also transfer or assign personal information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers or dissolutions.
RGCS may from time to time implement a referral program to promote the Service or any business related to it. If you elect to use any referral-type program available on the Service, you may be asked to provide a friend's name and email address or mobile phone number. In doing so, you warrant to RGCS that you have obtained your friend’s consent to you providing such information to us and to RGCS sending your friend an email or text message with an invitation to him or her to visit this site, containing an introductory offer and your details. RGCS stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of the referral program. Any referred potential user may contact RGCS via any method of contact available on this site to request that RGCS removes this information. You agree to indemnify RGCS for all losses it incurs in resolving any claims against it that arose from acting upon the information you supply through its referral program in the way stated above.
3. Protecting Your Personal Information
RGCS takes reasonable steps to protect all information it collects and stores (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
RGCS takes reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. RGCS stores information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
4. Openness and Correction
You may request access at any time to personal information RGCS holds about you, though you may be required to pay a fee for providing you with access to such information. However, RGCS may refuse to provide access to any information you request if the National Privacy Principles allow RGCS to do so.
5. Other matters
Following termination or cessation of the provision of the Services to you, RGCS may retain your information (including personal information) for a reasonable time for backup, archival or audit purposes, or to maintain and improve the Service, or as otherwise required by law.
There is always a risk involved in sending information through any channel over the Internet and you send information over the Internet entirely at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, RGCS will not be responsible for any unauthorised access or use of this information. However, you can take steps to minimise this risk by keeping your personal information secret.
6. Contacting RGCS
If you have any questions about this policy or if you wish to request access to your personal information, please visit our website at www.rgcs.com.au for contact information.